The placenta is an organ of exceptional utility. Having preserved it after giving birth, you have the opportunity to receive not only an additional number of stem cells, which will be the biological insurance of your child’s healthy future, but also the possibility to use its tissue and an extract for the beauty and health of all family members.
Valuable properties of placental tissue
- Pain killer
- Antiangiogenic (antitumor)
- Promotes epithelialization
- Prevents sclerotherapy
Is used to treat
- Wounds and various types of burns, including chemical lesions of the oral mucosa
- Corneal and conjunctival ulcers
- For surgeries requiring removal of eye tissue
The properties, as well as the presence of stem cells in the placenta, make it an ideal wound dressing. It becomes the basis for the growth of soft tissue and promotes wound healing.
Compared with adipose tissue and bone marrow, placental grafts, when used in reconstructive surgery, can significantly reduce the incidence of fibrosis, adhesions and scars. A low expression of histocompatibility HLA placenta antigens allows its use to other people.
In the laboratories of Cryobank, there were developed innovative methods of treatment:
- burns and wounds using human cells and tissues, including the placenta (patent No. 2002105467)
- since 2017 in accordance with the permission of the Coordination Center for Transplantation of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine in collaboration with the Filatov State Institute of Eye Diseases and Tissue Therapy of National Academy of Medical Science of Ukraine has conducted clinical trials of the treatment of corneal inflammation (keratitis) of infectious and neurotrophic genesis by transplantation of the amniotic membrane of the placenta, cryopreserved in our Cryobank